Manchester United have been mocked over a 'strange' social media post after Bruno Fernandes snubbed a Saudi offer to stay at Old Trafford.
Article continues below
Article continues below
Article continues below
Man Utd mocked for 'strange' social media postClub appreciated Fernandes' decision to reject Saudi moveSnubbed Al-Hilal's lucrative dealFollow GOAL on WhatsApp! 🟢📱WHAT HAPPENED?
Fernandes held talks with Al-Hilal recently over a summer move, as the Saudi Pro League giants were ready to offer a lucrative deal to the Portuguese, while also compensating United with a hefty transfer fee. But the midfielder eventually snubbed the move and decided to stay at Old Trafford. The Red Devils showed their appreciation for the captain's loyalty by making a social media post of his quotes explaining the situation, which was labelled as 'strange' by some fans.
AdvertisementWHAT THE FANS ARE SAYING
A fan with the X handle @shadadzaii wrote: "Something not right about club posting this ngl we’ve become small time."
Another fan, @YanitedCynical, commented: "Lowkey embarrassing that the official club account is posting this."
@stuwillo accused the club of mediocrity as he posted: "This club used to celebrate Titles, now it celebrates our worst ever captain rejecting a move that would’ve been huge for our signings this summer."
@smithy24700 wrote: "I think this is a strange post. It is just not what communications from a club has ever been regarding things their player has said. Especially when the player has said it only an hour ago. Shows that media teams have lost the art of silence in a content obsessed industry."
@widmingbear said: "This is beyond embarrassing, he's done absolute zilch for the club to be talking like this and for the club to gas him up. One step forward, ten steps back, as always."
THE BIGGER PICTURE
Fernandes explained the decision to snub Saudi earlier on Tuesday, claiming: "There was an opportunity. The president called me and asked if I wanted to go there. They were waiting for me. I spoke to coach Amorim. He asked me not to go. Manchester United didn’t want to sell me. They don’t need the money. If I had wanted to leave, they would have made it happen."
(C)Getty ImagesWHAT NEXT FOR BRUNO FERNANDES?
Fernandes will be next seen in action for his national team as Portugal take on Germany in the Nations League semi-finals on Wednesday.






